Keto Asian Beef Salad
Gingery and savory with a slightly spicy kick. Hearty red meat with creamy sesame goodness. All that, keto, and a refreshing salad to boot?? Do you see where we’re going with this? Meet your newest favorite food in a bowl!
- Sesame mayonnaise
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp sesame oil
½ tbsp lime juice
salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp chili flakes
2⁄3 lb ribeye steaks
3 oz. cherry tomatoes
2 oz. cucumber
3 oz. lettuce
½ red onion
1 tsp sesame seeds
- Prepare the sesame mayonnaise by mixing mayo with the sesame oil and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for the beef marinade and pour into a plastic bag. Add the beef and marinate for 15 minutes or more at room temperature.
- Chop all vegetables for the salad, except the scallions, into bite-sized pieces. Divide between two plates.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add sesame seeds to the dry pan, and toast them for a couple of minutes, or until they’re lightly browned and fragrant. Set aside.
- Pat the meat dry on both sides with paper towels. On high heat, sear for a minute or two on each side, and then reduce heat to medium low, cooking until beef is medium, and then transfer to a cutting board.
- Fry the scallions for a minute in the same pan.
- Slice the meat, across the grain, into thin slices. Place beef and scallions on top of the vegetables.
- Top with roasted sesame seeds and serve with a dollop of sesame mayonnaise on the side.
In this dish, the beef is best served at medium, but you can make it well done if you prefer.