Keto Asian Cabbage Stir-Fry
This colorful keto stir-fry is not only easy to make but also amazingly tasty. This crunchy delight may become one of your favourite go-to recipes. Consider trying it tonight!
1½ lbs green cabbage
4 oz. butter, divided
1 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp chili flakes
1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped or grated
1¼ lbs ground beef
3 scallions, chopped in 1/2-inch slices
1 tbsp sesame oil
- Wasabi mayonnaise
1 cup mayonnaise
½ tbsp wasabi paste
- Shred the cabbage finely using a sharp knife or a food processor.
- Fry the cabbage in half of the butter in a large frying or wok pan on medium-high heat. It takes a while for the cabbage to soften, but don’t let it turn brown.
- Add spices and vinegar. Stir and fry for a couple of minutes more. Put the cabbage in a bowl.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the same frying pan. Add garlic, chili flakes and ginger. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add ground meat and brown until the meat is thoroughly cooked and most of the juices have evaporated. Lower the heat a little.
- Add scallions and cabbage to the meat. Stir until everything is hot. Salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with sesame oil before serving.
- Mix together the wasabi mayonnaise by starting with a small amount of wasabi and adding more until the flavor is just right. Serve the stir-fry warm with a dollop of wasabi mayonnaise on top.
Want variety? You can replace the beef with other kinds of protein like ground chicken, pork or lamb.
If you have other sorts of cabbage like red cabbage or savoy cabbage, they will work just as fine.
If you don’t like mayonnaise you can substitute that for crème fraîche, sour cream or even cream cheese.
Storing and reheating
This dish keeps in the fridge for at least 3-4 days. You can also store it in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Thawing and reheating can make the cabbage release its liquids so the dish may be a bit more watery compared to freshly cooked. This does not affect the flavor of the dish.
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It’s free and you can sign up at any time!