Keto Caprese Omelet
Soft mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, and fresh basil, yes please! In an omelet — even better! This super-easy, keto dish works for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and is sure to be a new fave. So get out your frying pan… Italy, here we come!
salt and pepper
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil or dried basil
2 tbsp olive oil
3 oz. cherry tomatoes cut in halves or tomatoes cut in slices
5 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, diced or sliced
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, add salt and black pepper to your liking.
- Whisk well with a fork until fully combined. Add basil and stir.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Fry the tomatoes for a few minutes.
- Pour the egg batter on top of the tomatoes. Wait until the batter is slightly firm before adding the mozzarella cheese.
- Lower the heat and let the omelet set. Serve right away and enjoy!
Omelets are delicious as they are, but you can also add extra little add-ins. For example paprika powder, salt flakes, finely chopped parsley or other fresh herbs, all would be amazing in this!