Keto Pesto Chicken Casserole
Mediterranean superstars — feta cheese, olives, and pesto — unite in this creamy, easy-to-make keto chicken dish. Give it a go. Your taste buds will thank you!
1½ lbs boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts
salt and pepper
2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
5 tbsp red pesto or green pesto
1¼ cups heavy whipping cream
3 oz. pitted olives
5 oz. feta cheese, diced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add butter or oil to a large skillet and fry the chicken pieces in batches on medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Mix pesto and heavy cream in a bowl.
- Place the fried chicken pieces in a baking dish together with olives, feta cheese and garlic. Add the pesto.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes, until the dish turns bubbly and light brown around the edges.
A simple side dish of field greens or crunchy romaine complements the rich flavors.
Lightly sautéed asparagus or green beans work, too.