Pizza, meet keto… A simple take on how to get your pizza fix without the carbs. It’s everything you want — pepperoni, cheese and tomato-sauce deliciousness.
6 oz. shredded cheese, preferably mozzarella or provolone
3 tbsp unsweetened tomato sauce
1 tsp dried oregano
½ cup olive oil 5 oz. shredded cheese
1½ oz. pepperoni
- For serving
2 oz. leafy greens
4 tbsp olive oil
sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Start by making the crust. Crack eggs into a medium-sized bowl and add shredded cheese. Give it a good stir to combine.
- Use a spatula to spread the cheese and egg batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can form two round circles or just make one large rectangular pizza. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the pizza crust turns golden. Remove and let cool for a minute or two.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450°F (225°C). .
- Spread tomato sauce on the crust and sprinkle oregano on top. Top with cheese and place the pepperoni and olives on top.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the pizza has turned a golden brown color.
- Serve with a fresh salad on the side.
Can I use other ingredients for the crust?
Looking for a little more variety? While this dressing is mouthwatering on its own, feel free to add your favorite herbs to make it even more irresistible. Fresh parsley, dill, or thyme, will round out the dressing incredibly well.
For this recipe, both eggs and cheese are necessary. Feel free to use other types of cheese, like goat cheese if you try to avoid cow’s milk. You can also mix different kinds of cheese to find the flavor combination that works best for you.
Can I use other toppings?
Go ahead and try sun-dried tomato pesto or a jar of spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce instead of tomato paste, but make sure there is no added sugar. Low-carb and keto topping options are endless: bacon (have you tried our keto breakfast pizza?), salami, mushrooms, blue cheese, shredded chicken, sautéed onions, feta cheese… you know what you like!